At the present time, I’m trying to avoid being indoors with clients for long periods of time since that seems to be a fairly high risk situation in terms of transmitting COVID. Unfortunately, that means I’m not offering indoor posed newborn sessions like I normally do, and I’m not sure when I’ll start offering them again. I don’t want anyone to miss out on having photos of their newborn though, so I have three other options that I’m offering for now!
- As long as the weather is warm, I can come to your home to do a posed newborn session with all of my props, but we’ll stay outdoors, I’ll wear a mask the whole time, and I’ll use hand sanitizer when needed. An open garage or covered porch works great- anywhere where we can have full shade but also have the benefit of fresh air. You can see some photos I took in a client’s garage in the second half of this blog post, and you’ll see that they look pretty much exactly like the photos I typically take indoors: https://beckymichaudphotography.com/baby-ella/. This option also includes photos of your baby with your immediate family. This could either be done in your yard on the same day or at a natural area in southeast Fort Collins on another evening. The pricing for this is the same as a normal full newborn session ($625). If you just want a short session with a few posed photos of baby and you’re not interested in family photos, we can do a mini newborn session in your garage or yard for $325.
- We can do an outdoor lifestyle session at a natural area or park. This would not include posed photos of the baby, mostly just photos of the baby being held by parents. Here’s a newborn session we did at Horsetooth Reservoir and I absolutely love the photos we got: https://beckymichaudphotography.com/newborn-photos-at-horsetooth-reservoir/ This would be either $300 or $400 depending on the size of your family and the length of the session (see “Standard Session” and “Milestone Session on my pricing page).
- I’m also offering a “DIY Newborn Photos” service for families who would like to avoid contact altogether. My service of helping you take your own newborn photos includes four parts:
- A 17 page, step-by-step PDF guide to taking your own newborn photos
- A 30 minute zoom session with me to help you get started (optional)
- Rental of my props including my white backdrop setup, wraps, hats, and headbands (optional)
- Professional photo editing for up to 10 photos that you’ve taken of your baby
Here’s a little sneak peek at the guide:
Here’s a look at some edits I that I’ve done for clients who’ve taken their own newborn photos. “Before” photos are on the left or top, “After” photos are on the right or bottom:
The cost for the DIY Newborn Session service is $125. There may be an additional delivery fee for the props, depending on how far you live from my home in southeast Fort Collins, or you can pick up and drop off the props yourself at no additional cost.
Feel free to contact me through my contact page with any questions you have about newborn photos!